Wednesday, July 7, 2010

July 7th, 2010

UTP really really reaaalllyy hates me...

Wanna know what happened today? I got my first visit from the lecturer from UTP. It was Dr. Sonny. Okay, I'm fine with that. But you wanna know when did I know he was gonna come and meet me and Kaber? At 9.00 a.m. this morning, and you wanna know something else? He was also informed sometime around 9.00 as well. Shit! WTF? Do you really wanna screw me up that bad??

Okay, so, here's the full story. I asked Kaber to call UTP yesterday and ask about our first visit, since I know that they'll never be the one making the call. So, we found out that our supervisor from UTP would be someone named Dr. Alif or something. And it was supposed to be held on the 28th of June! It was supposed to be held last month! So, okaylah...nevermind that, hence, the people from SIIU said they'll arrange something else for us and they said that they'll call back in the evening. But there was nothing from them yesterday evening. So, this morning I asked Kaber to call again, and they totally forgot about us. Shit... But luckily, Dr. Sonny was still somewhere in KL, thus, the got in touch with him and requested for him to meet us today. This was what happened at 9.00 this morning. Therefore, I made a call to Dr. Sonny...the guy was still having his sleep! WTF UTP? Do you have to screw everyone else who have any relation to us as well? Damn it! Fortunately, Dr. Sonny's a nice guy, and he agreed to visit us. He arranged an informal meeting at 10.15. Wow, it was really informal. We had our meeting at the lobby of Tower 2 KLCC while standing. Haha. So, the meeting lasted for about 15 minutes, and we were done. Hmmm...so much for all the fuss about it.

Well, then we decided to go for movies since everyone else thinks that we're still in the meeting. Haha. Unfortunately there was nothing in the cinema worth watching. Damn. To have the time and availability to do something, but just to be disappointed by the lack of that something. Haih... However, we did bought tickets for Predators. But the first show was at 6.00 p.m.. So, yeah, there goes our plan for movies during that period. Therefore, we went for an early lunch and had Milano.

So anyways, back to our main topic of this blog. Well, Kaber wasn't in the office up till 2.00 p.m.. He had a convention with his supervisor as I've mentioned yesterday. So, I was alone at the office continuing my work on the modeling. But while I was working on the model, one of the staff asked me to help her out with another modeling of an Indonesian Block. It was West Galuga if I'm not mistaken. She wanted me to run the model for eight prospects and calculate the EMV for each. EMV stands for Estimated Monetary Value. Simply put, it's a level of productiveness of a prospect. In formula terms, it's the possibility of success minus the possibility of failure. So, yeah, that's what I did till Kaber got back from the convention.

Actually, I finished the job sometime around 11.00 in the morning. But the damned Words '07 didn't want to save the thing. So, my whole effort in the morning was utterly useless. Well, that was that. And so I continued doing my model till the end of the day. And it's still not finished yet. Damn. I'm gonna try and complete it by tomorrow and give it a run.

So, after work we went to watch the Predators movie we bought in the morning. It was shit. Simply shit. Damn. A bad way to end a bad day...

Well, I guess that's really it. I've got nothing else up my sleeve. Owh...just another thing. On Monday...or was it yesterday?...anyways, on one of the previous two day, I found out that Stef went on the same train as I do every morning. Haha. But she's from Bangsar, so, I couldn't really have the chance for anything. I don't think I could even get to ride in the same coach as her. But still, it's a nice thought to keep in the back of my head. A real reason to smile : )

Cherio~

-End of Entry-

0 comments: