Tuesday, July 27, 2010

July 27th, 2010

Well hello there...it's been a while, hasn't it?... Well, first of all, sorry for yesterday...I was really really in a deep-fried shit. So I didn't really had the urge to write anything. So, bear with me today, for I'll tell you all about today, and yesterday as well. Okay, so lets start-off with yesterday's story...

So, I was a little bit late yesterday. But still, Kaber came even later than me. So, It's not really a big of a deal. But still, yeah, just thought I'd say it here since he won't have time to read this. Alright, so, we had our breakfast at the shop, therefore, we took some time for ourselves in the morning. And by the time we got back, it was about 9.30 or somewhere around that. So, the moment I was back at the office, I continued my work on the 302 scenarios. Owh, by the way, I'd like to take a moment to explain the difference between a scenario and a prospect. Well, a prospect is for exploration field, which means that there's no discovery made yet on the block and as such, we make assumptions if we found petroleum. And on the other hand, a scenario is almost the same, but it is in the development period. Whereby, you've already encountered your oil or gas, and from thereon, you assume the production profile the field would behave like during the production period later-on. So, there you have it, a quick definition of the such. Anyways, so I was doing my Sabah 302 field and working on the sensitivity analysis, and suddenly, Sarah came and said that they'd like the montage to be handed over tomorrow, which is today. And therefore, having had experience with this sort of thing, I left my cubicle, and went to Kaber's place and told him the bad news. He was disappointed as well. So, we weren't really in the mood to do it anymore...

So, I completed my work, and was given another to work-on after that, which was also another sensitivity analysis on the same field. But with different percentages of indicator markers. But then, somewhere along the way, we were told about the montage and it's content and we were made known that it was actually a really simple project. Not simple actually, but short. So, our hopes were up again. And we began thinking of the flow of the montage right away.So, we separated our work for the montage, and we concentrated on our own part for the whole video. And almost instantly, we started working on it. I say 'almost instantly' because I finished my work first before starting with it.

Well, anyways, we didn't have the opportunity to continue doing it in the afternoon since we had practice for the performance for Thursday. So, we had to leave it there for a while and join the depressing training. Everyone was feeling really down with having to face the fact that they had to dance this Thursday... However, I didn't. Haha. Why? Because I'm my position is right next to Stef and exactly behind Sarah. Haha. All of a sudden, I'm all fired-up for this performance. Haha. Anyhow, the training took our lunch time, so it seems they've had lunch prepared for us for this entire week.

Once we were done, again, we weren't able to continue with our work because we had an SBO meeting at 2.30. It was a meeting to update our Manager of our recent work and tasks completed or ongoing. Owh, and we had to present ours as well. Haha. Well, that was quite a shocker. Owh, and we had another delegation of duty imposed to us; we had to organize a farewell hi-tea for one of the SBO member whom is leaving in the next two weeks. And it was supposed to be held this Wednesday. So, yeah...our hands were full by that time. We were getting stressed... We finally realized that we were slaves of the department... Anyways, the meeting ended around 5.10 or something. So, we didn't have time to do our montage...

So, what did we do in this situation? We stayed at the office! We completed our parts for the montage, and Kaber said that he'd render it at home. So, he took everything with him. So, in the end, we left the office sometime around 9.30... Yes, we are nerds...

But, the montage wasn't the only reason we were so late actually. I convinced Kaber to do something while we were there. Haha. I convinced him to make name tags on our table like the ones the staff have. Haha. But I did most of the work, and I added in a few things to make ours much more prettier than theirs. Haha. So, here's ours:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Haha. So, this was what actually kept us up there till 9.30. Haha. Afterward, we went back with a mixed feelings of accomplishment and guilt. Haha.

Owh, the main reason why I didn't had the urge to write this yesterday was that when I got to my car, the battery was dried. Shit. And I had to ask my dad to come to jump my car with his. Damn... I got home somewhere around 11.30...

Anyways, that was yesterday's story. Now, for today's. Haha. I know, it's gonna be a very long post. Haha.

Well, this morning, I was still in last night's mood. Therefore, I woke up at 5.25 and I got up, and I thought to myself, I don't wanna do anything today. Fuck the world...I'm gonna sleep today off. But, my parents wouldn't let me. Therefore, I was waken up at 7.00. And so, I left at 7.40, and yes, you've guessed it, I had to go through the morning traffic. Damn...

I got to the office at 9.20, and I was the last to come. Yeah... Anyways, since I was already there, might as well ask Kaber what's the update with the montage. And to my surprise, he didn't do it last night! Because his Sony Vegas 8 crashed... So, we spent the whole morning doing it. And it was grand. Haha. Seriously...grand.

After we finished the montage, we went and showed it to Sarah and Saz, and they liked it...sigh...seriously...'like', not love or anything else which shows more appreciation to the job... Anyways, we handed it over to the person in charge of the video at level 17, and we went back to the office. This was sometime around 2.30 if I'm not mistaken. Owh, we also had our training at 1.00, and had our lunch in the office as well. So, that was that...and that was really it...our morning till afternoon.

At 3.00 though, we were told that we had work to be done and would be given by Siti. Owh, I forgot to mention this earlier just now, Siti is now Kaber's new supervisor since Ida would be going to Australia to continue with her career. So, technically, this is really a delegation of work to us, and not just to help around in the office.

About the job, we were supposed to extract data from PSCs and JOCs of all the new Sabah field. And it was a lot. There were 16 fields, and more than double that for the documents that were related to them. So, Kaber and I split the fields to eight each, and I'd be doing the SB 1, 309, 310, Samarang, Tembungo, Kinabalu Deep East, Deep Water H and Kebabangan. He'll be taking the rest I didn't mention. This is gonna be a job for the weekend it seems to me. But fortunately, she wanted the thing completed by next Wednesday. So, we have quite a lot of time for it. But I didn't want to take any chances. So, I started doing it today. But I wasn't able to do much. Kaber wanted to go home. So, we did. We got off at 5.10, and had bento for dinner, and went back home.

That was today. It was a lot shorter since my fingers are already tired from typing so much. Haha. Anyways, see you tomorrow then...

Owh, Starcraft II was released today!!! Haha

-End of Entry-

0 comments: