Monday, August 30, 2010

August 30th, 2010

Today, was awesome...totally awesome... I literally have nothing else to say about it. It's one of those days that I'll cherish forever in life, and truly a day that defines who we are.

For starters, I'll start with work. Work was great as well. I was done with my Erb West Gas Optimization project in the morning. I did this during the weekends...yeah...I came to the office on weekends...both days... Anyways, so I thought that today morning, I could just send it and get it reviewed. Unfortunately, it seems that I was mislead from the beginning...there were additional projects to be considered as well in the Samarang PSC...and I had to do it all over again... This took a while, really. By the time I was done, it was sometime around 2.00. Then, when everything was grand, I told Siti that I've finished the job, and asked about the reviewing part. So, she told me to go first by myself to review the project with the TPs...wow...I just laughed at the idea...until I realized that she wasn't making a joke... Anyhow, since it was almost time to go home, I thought I'd do it on Wednesday. So, that was work.

Then, on my way back, we had planned for a break fast session at Cantina @ KD for today. At first, I thought that the plan wouldn't proceed since I couldn't contact any of them. But then, one by one, everything seems to fall into place. And we did had break fast at Cantina. There were 11 of us in the group; me, Arbi, Acai, Faressa, Nidzar, Syawal, Omar, Ali, Amir, Farid, and Faris. And it was really one of the greatest moments we had together. The food was marvelous, and the place was appropriate for a gathering such as ours. It's my Uncle Lawrence's place anyways. So, he really appreciated me bringing them today. The place had games for us to play while chatting, guitars for entertainments, and most importantly, the feeling of belonging...it was a great event.

Afterward, we went jamming at Rock!!!Studio. It was close-by. And we jammed the night away...not really...we finished around 11.20...so the night was still there technically. But it's been a while for the most of us. We even reminisce about the times when we were entertainers - the cheers of the crowd as we pluck the first string on the guitar, the enjoyment of performing in front of a crowd, and the everlasting feeling of sensation from the attention you're getting. Owh, how we miss the limelight...and how it was to be young, to be carefree, and to live for the moment...

Then, we went to Kg. Baru to have satay. We were actually planning to get 'nasi dagang', but since it was Merdeka night, everything was finished. The satay was the only thing still available. But we stayed there for quite a while. Just chatting and reminiscing the past. And from our conversations, we realized that we've gone through a lot together, and through time, we've all changed; matured in our own unique ways.

We went back afterward, but only after another drink at Subaidah in Kota Damansara. This was the closing ceremony before we all go our separate ways again. It's been a while since we've had a moment like this. And I believe, it'll be a while again before we'll have another moment like this. So, tonight was a night dedicated to our past, our present, and the future that awaits us. And we lived the night through and through.

Thanks, my brothers. Let the moment live forever in our hearts.

-End of Entry-

0 comments: