Friday, August 13, 2010

August 13th, 2010

Today...was awesome!!! Haha. And I only got one reason for that, and only one word to describe that reason; Expendables!!! Haha. God, it was a great movie. The plot wasn't all that complicated like Inception or Dark Knight, but it defines an action movie. This was totally a great action movie. Especially with all the cast that were acting in it. Haha. This, people, is a 4 times watch-at-cinema movie. Trust me, it is worth it.

Well, anyways, I don't want to spoil all the fun by telling you what it's all about, but I'm telling you to go and watch it. That's all I'm saying. So, about work then. Well, I got nothing much to do in the morning, but it was all good. Owh, I did have that one assignment yesterday, so I did that. And it was a head-breaker. Yeah, it really was. You know what? That assignment was actually what people that was working there have been doing. Except that it was mostly done by the experts or the senior staffs. But, I, an intern, was given the same task. Haha. I don't know how exactly to feel about that though. But, being an envisage of pride, I am really proud of that fact. Haha. Anyways, I spent most of the day doing that. But I was able to complete it. I completed it some time around the afternoon.

Then, afterward, I was given another task by Siti. This time, I am to continue the work of Faizul and Kaber. The task was to cross check the project listings with the data inside PEEP. And wow, there were a few things that I was able to highlight that was quite hilarious. Haha. Can you imagine, there were a few cases that had the abandonment annual payment to be around US$ 2000 - 3000. Haha. Setting up the facilities costs around US$ 100 - 200 million, but taking it off cost only a couple of thousand. That was really hilarious. You can't even buy a car with that amount of money. Haha. Anyhow, that was that. We had a KSS meeting after prayers, and I had to continue doing the job afterward. But I did manage to complete it by today.

Owh yeah, I just mentioned that we had a KSS meeting today. It was about the new PITA system which is being implemented. It seems that there's new rules about it now. First of all, I think I must explain the previous situation so that you'll get a better grasp of the whole system. Prior to 2009, the tax were calculated throughout the year, and paid the next year. Therefore, 2008's tax is paid in 2009. But, in 2009, there were changes made, but it was only taken into effect this year. Now, we have to pay the amount monthly, and on the same year. Therefore, 2010 onwards, the payment of tax is made monthly. But 2009's tax weren't paid yet, so, the government gave us a 60 months installment plan to pay the 2009 tax. This is to reduce the burden to the company. However, there's a flaw on the new system though. It seems that since the tax is paid the same year, you have to estimate the amount of tax to be paid. And it can't be less than 85% of the previous year's total amount. Otherwise, you'd be fined an amount equal to 10% (this 10% is not explained though, 10% of what exactly? the total this year, or last year? or of the total paid so far?) Anyhow, that was that. Quite informative though.

Owh yeah, I almost forgot. Today, Kaber had an interesting story to tell me. This incident happened in the morning while he was on his way to the office. It was so interesting that he even wrote it down so that I could copy and paste it in here. So, here's his story. Enjoy. Haha.

I listened to an interesting conversation at wangsa maju just now I was queuing behind a man, waiting for the train to come. There was a hot chinese chick on my right, 'making an third queue'. She was standing alone and apparently waiting for the train. Suddenly, the following conversation happened between the man in front of me and the hot chick.

"Miss, are you queueing?"

"Yeah"

"Well miss, that's not the queue. THIS is the queue (showing the end of my line)"

"Yeah" The chick then ignored the guy and looked away. The guy, irritated, tapped on the chick's shoulder.

"Hello miss, didn't you understood what I just said? You are not queuing! THIS is the queue!(shows the end of the line again). What you are doing now is cutting the queue! I know you are looking all hot and sexy, but that doesn't mean you can be a jerk too! Lot's of people are waiting for the train, but you are making their wait pointless! So, go to the back of the queue!!"

There was a moment of silence at the platform. I guess his voice can be heard throughout the area. Then, the girl talked.

"Jerk!" And she left, went to the end of the platform, and queued there.

Some of the people there was talking, and some of them are still startled. I, on the other hand, said to the guy, "Thanks". Then, some other people praised the guy for his deed.

Then, a 4-coached train arrived. The hot chick sprang to the end of the platform and made a queue to an empty area. She got in. Me and the guy didn't.


Haha. And there you have it, ladies and gentlemen. It seems today's a special day for you since you get to read two stories simultaneously on my blog. Haha. Anyhow, we both would like to say that it was a great day nevertheless. I'm still smiling. Haha.

-End of Entry-

2 comments:

kamal said...

i think kaber's story is much interesting than yours..haha
psl cite dia ade twist..wakakaka

-mujahid- said...

haha..cite die trpengaruh dgn movie inception..haha