Tuesday, August 3, 2010

August 3rd, 2010

Honestly, I thought today was a Wednesday...it's only Tuesday it seems...sigh...

Well, today started off slow. I didn't want to leave early, so I left some time around 7.00, and of course, was stuck in the morning traffic. But I think I really needed it. It's the best place in which I have time for myself to contemplate and think about...anything... Yeah...so it seems there is something good from traffic jams. But I didn't remember what I was contemplating about really...probably just thoughts that came through my mind at the moment... But anyways, lets start talking about work then. Work was quite hectic in the morning. I was asked by Saz to extract LIBOR rates for her presentation in the EPRC meeting today. And she wanted it before the meeting. She asked me to complete it before noon, because the meeting was at 2.30. However, when she wasn't at her desk, someone asked Hasanul tu tell Saz that she could start once they were finished in the meeting room. So, that was shocking news. To me especially since I had to complete the presentation before the meeting. So, I delayed breakfast to settle the stuff. Saz got it around 10.30 if I'm not mistaken.

So, after that was breakfast, which I had alone since Kaber was too hungry to wait for me. And afterward, I was handling the Farewell Party for Kak Mas. I had to call the girl from Yosh!, her name was Eu Nee...at first I thought it was Yuni. Haha. We went cubicle to cubicle to ask them to vote for the menu. I wasn't really planning on following through with it actually. Because I already know that everyone wants something different. So, obviously there would be a lot of draws. And there were. Haha. So, the final decision was made by me, but I did think it through though. My selection was based on my opinion of the mixture of food to be added. I think it would be great anyhow. Owh, but we had to change the date to Thursday since the place couldn't manage to prepare everything by tomorrow. So, yeah. Fortunately nobody complained about that. Owh yes, and another thing, I had to pay for the 50% deposit. Haha. Kak Zetti actually was supposed to be paying, but she wasn't around for almost the whole day. So, I had to take that responsibility from her and put my foot on the bill. So yeah...well I do hope I'll get to see my money back...

Other than that, I finally went to the library to start my research. And unfortunately, I found out that the SPE papers that they have are in soft copy. Therefore, they have to email it to me if I wanted them. Haha. That would also mean that I won't be spending any time at the library. But it's actually a really nice place. But it reminded me so much of UTP's IRC...because the designs were the same except for the colours they chose to decorate the place. It's really a great place though. I can't say much about the book collections though...there weren't much. Most of the shelves were empty, and I do mean most - like 70% probably. Haha. So much for a library then... So, I guess I'll be doing that some time later.

In the evening we had EPRC meeting about the gas pricing. So, we just sat there as always. But I've realized one thing though, I could understand better what they were talking about than previously. It seems I did learn something from all of this. Fancy that... Well, it was a really long meeting. And the best part is that they weren't finished with it yet. Haha. They still have to continue later on Thursday and another day next week. Owh, one series of event did happen during the meeting that was interesting. First, Kaber went back home at 5.15 before the meeting ended. Then, Stef went in, she thought that she'd be able to present her's this evening, and then she sat next to me, and we conversed! Haha. It has improved since previously, this time we did speak more than one sentence. Since we were conversing then, so I thought I'd ask to join her going back since we were both taking the LRT heading the same direction. I was planning to say this after I came back from smoking, but unfortunately, she was already leaving the meeting room by that time...sigh....damn... Well, hopefully this chance will come again someday... Sigh...hope...it's a sin to hope...

Anyways, I watched The Dark Knight before I went back, and I was the last person to leave the floor. Haha. Which was really unexpected. Well, that was Tuesday for you... Cherio~

-End of Entry-

0 comments: